9.10.2012

Weekends and Water

Last day of my 4-day weekend.  I wanted to spend the day crafting, but its nearly Noon and I haven't really started.  Oy!  But I have been doodling around in my Silhouette Studio program and Store.  I love having a subscription there!  I get $150 of downloads for $16/month.  Pretty good return I'd say!  Anyway.  The weekend has been nice.  Not as much fun as I wanted it to be, but it has still been nice to have the time off from work.  4 days gives you a much better chance to really unwind and leave work behind than just 1!  I spent more time behind the mower than I did at crafting, unfortunately, but hopefully soon that will change, once cooler weather comes.  It was 55 degrees this morning!  Its clear and sunny and even now at Noon its only 75.  I have windows and doors open and the air smells SO good.  My living room windows, however, are not open right now.  I had a run-in with some sort of large bees that wanted to congregate in the one window.  I took the spray to them and now its a bee graveyard.  Made rather a mess in the windowsill and on the window, but at least the bees are not harmful anymore!  One of these days I'll have to clean the window and vaccuum everything up, but not today.  In the meantime I'll just open other windows! lol

I've been thinking about water lately.  Yes, I know, I need a life! lol  But for some reason I've been noticing--and thinking about--how much we use every day.  Have you ever thought about that?  I mean, one batch of dyed towels probably uses more water than some third-world communities use in days!  Now I'm not trying to go all world-eco and start campaigning for people to start using only 3 cups of water a day or anything. lol  Not at all.  We have water available to us here in this country and its a wonderful commodity--a gift for us to use. Not to waste, mind you, but to use to make our lives better.  And doesn't it make our lives better?  Think about everything you do each day that involves water---from your coffee in the morning to that long hot bubble bath at night.  Our lives revolve around water.  Its an amazing thing that we really take for granted---though we don't mean to.  We just don't know life without it.  Its like the air we breathe--always there and in good supply.  I don't know why I've been thinking about this lately.  Maybe its just another way of counting my blessings, thinking about all the things I can do because I have a ready supply of good water.  Or maybe I just need a life....=)

No comments:

Post a Comment