9.25.2012

Black towels and Cinnamon gumdrops....

Day 1 of 2 days off!  I love having 2 days off together in the week.  It just gives you time to really decompress and leave work behind.  At least it does for me.  So what to do on my day 1 of 2?  I decided to dye some towels.  I know, big surprise there! lol   I did some in black because a friend has a black and white kitchen and wanted to see some in black.  Unfortunately, they did not turn out so good.  I should have used the whole bottle of dye, I think.  =(  They are a pretty color, but are more like a really dark gray---sort of off-black.  What I was looking for was a black black--a vibrant black, if that makes any sense!    I'm thinking that I should dye them again and see if that makes it any better.  I was afraid this might happen and was tempted to use extra dye when I started, but didn't.  Should have......Bummer!

One of the other things I did today was make cinnamon gumdrops---something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.  I've made gumdrops before, but that recipe used Jello, so you could only make fruit flavors.  I wanted spice gumdrops like cinnamon and clove and anise, etc.  I had found this recipe that uses unflavored gelatin as its base so you can use whatever flavor you want.  I just had never gotten around to trying it.  Today I did.  So far they are turning out.  The real test will be tommorrow when I try to get them out of the pan for drying............If you hear pans banging in frustration you'll know it did not go well! lol

I also made chocolate chip cookies  because I wanted them, and mowed the lawn because it needed it---or did I make cookies because I needed them and mowed the lawn because I wanted to........  Hmmm.......=)    Between the cookies baking and the fall candles burning and the windows open, this house was smelling gooood!  I Love Fall!!!

2 comments:

  1. They have ball point pens with fabric paint that is fabric safe. It might be interesting to see if you could use a contrasting color to either outline or accent your stenciled design to give it that 2 demensional look and make it standout from the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be an idea to look into at some point. For now this is the look I'm going for--design that is simple and part of the fabric. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete