9.14.2012

I've been feeling a bit discouraged over this whole towel-stenciling thing.  Not that I want to quit making towels, but discouraged with the paint I've been using.  It seems like it just doesn't stand out on the darker towels like I want it to.  After several days of drying the design does stand out better, but still the colors are very muted.  I like them, but have been wondering whether customers will.  This brand of paint works fine on white or the lighter colored towels, just not as nice on the dark.  There is another paint that is thicker--more made for fabric, but it is more expensive (though not extremely so) and not as nice to work with as the brand I used on these towels.  I may have to use it though, especially on the darker towels, in order to get the designs to stand out brighter.  *sigh*  Its always something isn't it?  But tonight I feel a little better because I did 2 towels and they both turned out Great!  I love them both.  Hopefully I can get this stencil/paint thing down so I can really churn out some great towels and get this shop opened before I'm 90! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment