9.13.2012

The weather has been gorgeous here.  The temperature is finally sane and the air is clear.  Finally I can open the windows again!  The mornings have been in the low 50s, which feels deliciously cool after the humid oppressive heat.  I'm so glad. I have been waiting for this!  Not only is it more comfortable, but this also means the grass will not grow quite so speedily, so more time for other things.  Yay!  Living out here in the country means that open windows are a pleasure.  Its completely quiet except for the birds and crickets and the occasional plane or car going by.  And the smell of the air......heavenly.  Makes me want to take great lungfuls (is that a word?) of it.  I love how it makes the house smell too--all fresh, instead of the cooped-up, dead air smell.  =)  Mmmmm.......

Today I wanted to make cards.  Could have mowed, could have stenciled towels, could have done a mile-long list of things.  But I wanted to make cards.  I have had very little time to sit at my "card table" (lol) and create.  So today I decided I was going to forget everything else and just make cards.  And I did pretty well......after I cleaned the house....and did laundry......and washed dishes....  Its always something isn't it? lol  But at least after I got those things done I felt less guilty about leaving other things undone for card-making.  It felt so good too, sitting there stamping and cutting and glueing paper.  Amazing what a little paper will do for the spirit.  =)  If only I could get several more years off work! lol

In other news I ordered more dye colors the other day.  There was a sale......with free shipping.......What's a girl to do? lol  I am slowly but surely getting towels stenciled so I can open up my Etsy shop.  Not enough hours in a day!  But one day I will get there.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment