8.11.2012

Towels Again


I finally got some of my towels stenciled---and 2 new colors dyed!  It's been a productive weekend.  =)  Here are the stenciled ones:








I like them all, though I am very partial to the gray one.  Something about gray and red together looks so classy and this leaf design so old-fashioned.  I love it.  I feel like they all turned out very well, though, for my first attempts at the stenciling (stenciling on towels, I mean.  I have done a lot of stenciling of various things in my time!).  Its fun to do too, except that my back gets very tired from bending over the table and my left index finger is sore and going numb from pressing down the stencil.  =) I tape the stencil down, but still press it with my finger while I paint.  What I need to do for the back is find a way to raise my table.  I could probably find something at Lowe's.  As for the finger issue, I think it will just have to get toughened in---I hope!

Now for the new colors.  My friends on Facebook voted for Purple and Teal to be the next ones, so here they are:




They are both nice colors, though definitely not my favorites.  I'm still stuck on the gray! lol  Though I really like the orange ones too.  Anyway, this evening I stenciled on one each of the new colors.  Those pictures will have to be later, since they are in the drying phase.  I know, I know!  I'm teasing again.  Actually I'm just helping to grow your patience......=) 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment