8.28.2012

New Colors!

I was lucky enough to only have to work one day after vacation before I got a day off (I know! ain't it great?!), so today I did some of the dyeing that I have been "dying" to do!  =)  There has been clamor on Facebook for Apple Green and Scarlet (Denim too, but that will have to be another day).  So Apple Green and Scarlet it was.  I do love dyeing these towels!  You start out with sparkling white and end up with one gorgeous color or another.  I do mine in a big tub, stirring them round with a wooden spoon--rather like a witch with her brew.......lol  Anyway, both colors turned out lovely.  "Apple" Green seems more like chartreuse or a leaf green than apple, but it still is a beautiful color.  See?


Then there is Scarlet.  This one is more true to its name (in my opinon anyway!)  A gorgeous, brilliant red!  Unfortunately it is very difficult for me to get reds to turn out like they really are with my camera (or maybe its the operator! lol).  But here's a photo--such as it is--for your viewing pleasure.



I love rinsing them out in the sunlight, and have wished multiple times that I had a clothesline to hang them on in order to take pictures.  To see these brilliant towels all hanging in a row......ooh wouldn't that just be the spice of life?  =)

Have I made you want to dye things yet?  Well, that's ok, you can just come and buy them from my Etsy shop when it opens.  I think I found a name--unless someone else has already stolen used it.  Nope, I'm not going to tell you yet until I can find out if its available.......Yes, I'm naughty like that!

Now I really must go mow the lawn....

1 comment: