8.26.2012

Back to the land of the living, I mean internet!  I decided I needed to post today since I have done no posts for a week.  All it takes is getting used to not posting and poof! there goes the blog.  Someone comes by in 2014 and there have been no posts since August 2012 and everything is dusty with spiderwebs. lol  I have been there done that and am trying not to do it again. 

My week away was lovely.  Much food-eating and visiting with family and old friends, some of whom I haven't seen in quite a while---like my cousin Gina who I haven't seen since her 4th child was a baby.  She now has 6.....  The first part of the week was Alumni Reunion, spending time with friends from school.  Because the school was so small we don't have "Class" reunions.  We have an all-encompassing School reunion.  I like it that way, actually.  In this case it means I get to know people that went to school with my parents, people I've heard about all my life.  We had our usual hotdog roast (a very long-standing tradition there), the time filled with laughter and old stories.  At other times there were games and singing and many conversations and Much picture-taking.  And of course there was the food.... We had 3 meals a day whether we needed them or not, plus snacks in between.  Its a good thing this happens only once in a few years and then for only 2 days!  This year was smaller than others, but only the number.  The enjoyment factor was large.

The rest of the week was spent with family, specifically my mother's side of the family.  My grandparents were visiting Mom and Dad, so some of the cousins and aunts and uncles came to visit too.  It was so fun to be together with cousins (like Gina) who I have not seen in a very long time.  We spent time wandering down memory lane and enjoying the present as well.  There was baby-holding, child playing, gabbing, laughing and again, much eating!  (After a week of this eating thing, you see why I had to come home! lol)  Very special.

It was a full week, made even more wonderful by the fact that we were spending time in Upstate NY--in the Adirondacks--where the air is clear and smells lovely, and you are surrounded by mountains and trees.  No matter where I live or where I travel, this place will always be "Home" to me.  Its beautiful.  If you ever get the chance to go there (The Adirondacks), do it.  You will not be disappointed.

It was lovely to go away, to see friends and family, to be in the mountains.  But it was also good to come home to my quiet Carolina Cottage in the country.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment