8.31.2012

I know I need to post something, but confess to a distinct lack of inspiration.  There are topics I would like to blog about at some point, but today.....definitely not the day.  Yesterday and today have been one of those times when life goes awry and there is nothing you can do about it; one of those times that are so hard you don't know how you can deal with it.  There is little detail I can talk about here, unfortunately.  Its hard and frustrating and sad and heart-breaking all in one.  The one thing that really keeps me going is knowing that God is a God of miracles---and believe me I'm prayin' for one!  I know that God is in charge and nothing takes Him by surprise.  I know He has a plan, and whatever that plan, it is the best one. I know that if He wants something to happen He has the power to make it happen no matter how dismal or difficult things look from my perspective.  I know all of these things and they are so easy to say.  But my heart still hurts like crazy.  However.  In the midst of all this hardness I have felt that somehow everything will be ok.  I can't see the path and I don't know how I'll walk it, but maybe this is what is required of me so that I will learn to trust completely.  I read today that when God seems silent just remember that the teacher is quiet during the test.  I feel scared and overwhelmed on one hand because I like to see where I'm going, like to see ahead of time how things will work out.  But on the other hand, I do want to learn to trust in a God who is faithful and true and loving as well as being all-powerful and all-knowing.   The Amplified Bible says: "the steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]."  (Psalm 37:23)  I love that!  God doesn't just sit on His high throne and orchestrate the world from a lofty perspective.  No.  He gets right down in the trenches and busies Himself with my every step!  How can I not choose to trust a God like that?  So. Yes, my heart hurts and the path seems very hard.  But I know too that He has been down this road already, and He knows all of its curves and hills and tunnels.  Somehow He will get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment