8.16.2012

Food Review--and a wee small miracle

The other day I tried something new.  I picked up a bag of Voila! from Birds Eye.  Its one of those dinner-in-a-bag things and its in the freezer section at the grocery (or Walmart in my case!).   The flavor I tried was Cheddar Chicken Potato.  I ate it by itself, but you could easily have served it with pasta or rice on the side, or maybe even mashed potatoes.  Sometimes those pre-bagged things are over-spiced for my taste, but this one was just right.   And I thought it relatively inexpensive--as those type foods go.  There are 2 other flavors--at least so far.  I can't remember exactly, but there was another chicken one and then one with shrimp.  I wouldn't want it all the time, but it does make a nice quick meal when I'm in a hurry---or lazy......=)

On a completely other topic, I was reminded yesterday that God does care about the very littlest things in our lives.  I was at Michael's and I went there specifically to get some Martha Stewart acrylic paint and fabric medium.  I got the paint, but when I looked for the fabric medium there was none to be found.  I Knew I had seen some there a week or two ago (and began to Very much regret that I had not bought it then)!  I had rushed to Michael's trying to get this errand done and still have time to meet some friends for supper before prayer service and there I was, stuck with no fabric medium to be seen.  It was disheartening because I had made plans to use it and the paint to stencil on towels on my days off.    So in the midst of my frustration I was talking to God like I always do, and decided to get right down on the floor (no not prostrate or anything! lol---the products were on the bottom shelf) hoping desperately that there was some of this stuff in the back.  I took bottles out and peered into the depths of the shelves as best I could and didn't find any.......sigh.....But I kept looking, hoping, and suddenly there it was!  One lone bottle on its side behind other bottles of something else!  It was a little sad looking--a bit of its liquid had spilled out and run down the side at some point, but I didn't care.  It was fabric medium and it was going home with me!  =)  It really made my day.  On top of that, I still had time to go eat with my friends before church.  We had a great time too.  =) I am thankful that God is there to help us--even with the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment