1.14.2014

So after last night's post I got to thinking that I may have sounded a bit like a "yarn snob"!  I just want to clarify that I am in no way above using acrylic yarn!  In fact, most of what I have crocheted in my life to this point has been made with acrylic yarn---with the exception of the cotton doilies and dischcloths I've made.  So please don't think I was "dissing" acrylic.  It has it's place in usefulness, and it's inexpensive, making it the go-to choice for most of us for every day life.  What I was trying to say is that, for me, acrylic yarn does not have the same "heirloom" quality that wool and silk do, especially when you get into the hand-crafted stuff.  You do not buy hand-crafted acrylic!  =)  And heirloom quality handmade is what I've gotten excited about lately.  Ok, I'm done.

In other news........there is none.  I'm just too tired to post more tonight.  Recent events have squashed my 8 day plan into 4, so I'm having to rework the plan.  So tonight I'm eating my fried fish and trying to relax and calm myself and not get overwhelmed......I think I'll just sit by the Christmas tree for a while. (yes, it's still up!)  Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment