1.05.2014

A Fresh Scratchpad

Well here we are.  5 days into a new year and I have yet to post.  Shocking, I know!  My OCD is screaming at me that I really should have posted on the 1st if I was going to start this blog year right.  Being a little on the OCD side can be annoying at times.  Doing things like a first post of the year on the 3rd for example just rubs my fur the wrong way! lol  Today is the 5th, which is better.  Stop laughing!  It really is better!  That's ok.  When you do something strange, I'll snicker to my heart's content. So anyway, here we are.  A New Year, a blank slate, a blank book---whatever you like to call it.  For me, it's a New Scratchpad.  Why? Well you know that blank notepad/book you keep on your desk or counter or table where you scratch out your lists and ideas and goals.  Most everyone has one somewhere.  It's all clean and empty when you start, but then pretty soon this or that is scratched off because other ideas came along, or another list was made that out ranks the old one, or (once in awhile) something gets accomplished, so you scratch it off and write in something new.  Before too long it's a little dog-eared and smudged, but you keep on writing and scratching and rewriting until you use it all and it's time to get another one.  I love getting a new scratchpad!  So fresh and clean!  My life is a bit like that from year to year.  Some people write nice neat books, all organized and lovely.  And when the end of the year they can tuck it away with all the other past ones and pull out the fresh one.  I wish I was like that!  Every year, it seems, I decide I am going to be more organized.  Very firmly, too!  But soon I'm always back to the scratch pad, rewriting, scratching out, even ripping out a few pages! lol  I'm not in any way criticizing those people who have it all together.  No way!  I wish I could be more like that all the time!  I just have yet to accomplish it!  =s So here I am with my New Scratchpad---which already has a few lists in it---that already need rewritten to include a few more things.  =)   If you have a blank book I hope this one is the best you've ever written.  And if you have a new scratchpad (like me!), I hope you realize more dreams and goals than ever before.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment