4.03.2013

Thinking Ahead

Why do I never learn to plan ahead?  You would think after being around this planet for 40 years I would have learned at least a LITTLE bit about planning!  *sigh*  So here I am, once again up against the wall because I haven't thought ahead.  This time its the lawn mower.  It's the 3rd of April, here in NC the grass is getting thick, and just today I went out to see if the mower would start.  Can I blame my lack of organization in this particular department on the fact that I was born and bred in the North?  I mean, in Upstate NY it's still snowing at this time of year!  You're barely thinking about flowers blooming, let alone lawn mowing!  So yes, let's put the blame right there.  I've only been in the South for several years---not nearly long enough to sweat the Northern Winter habits out of me yet.  =)  Anyway, the lawn mower.  So I attempted to start the thing and miraculously it did!  Off I went, round the front yard, thinking I might just cut some of the longer sections.  I got about 5 rows done and then it died.  Kaput. Dead.  And yes, it does have gas and oil in it! lol  I tried restarting Multiple times--and it starts, but then dies immediately.  So.  Off to Sears I must go, mower in tow, for servicing (the mower, not me!  Though maybe I should ask if they can fix me too! lol).  The problem is that they send out mowers on Mondays and get them back the next Monday--which means it will be more than a week before I can get ANY mowing done!  Oy.  Thankfully most of the yard does not need done yet.  The side yard however, is getting a bit shaggy.  By the time I get the mower back I may need to invest in a sythe instead!  I suppose there is always next year for thinking ahead..........=)

No comments:

Post a Comment