2.20.2014

Recipe of the Week

One down, only 248 to go!  Actually I tried 2 new recipes this week, and I really don't know how many are in the box.  I am guessing.  Because couting them one by one is too much work, that's why! lol  So here we are:

Pineapple Limeade
2 c pineapple juice
1/4 c lime juice
1/4 c sugar
3 c sparkling water

Combine first 3 ingredients, add sparkling water just before serving. 

*Not sure what they mean by sparkling water.  Can you get carbonated water that has no flavor or additions?  My first attempt I used club soda----not good, unless you like your drinks very dry!  The second time around I used Sierra Mist (it's what I had on hand) and it was MUCH better.  I would recommend something like ginger ale.

My take:  It was tasty, but just a typical "punch" recipe.  Nothing to see stars over.  =)


Brief Burritos
1 lb ground beef
1 can (16oz) refried beans
1 can (10oz) rotel tomatoes, drained
1/2 c chili sauce
8 flour tortillas, warmed
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1/2 c sour cream

Cook beef until no longer pink; drain.  Stir in refried beans, tomatoes and chili sauce; heat through.  Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese and sour cream. Fold up and serve.

My take:  I liked these!  Very easy---easy enough for me to be able to do it after work even if I had to work the next day.  Don't require much energy and very tasty.  I used ground turkey and you can't even taste it.  My filling was a little more runny than I usually think of for burritos, but it may have been the turkey---or the fact that I didn't realize the tomatoes were supposed to be drained until after I had them in the skillet.....duh!  The filling is quite tomato-ey (not a word, I know!  But you know what I mean, right?), and not real beany, so I'm thinking next time I make it I'll used more beans.  I love beans!  All in all I give it an A+ and plan to put it in the "to make again" category.

So there you have it.  What category should I try next week?  Any suggestions?

Happy Eating!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment