8.09.2013

Stay-cation Day 2

Day two started out with a visit to the dump.  I told you there would be much excitement! lol  I don't know why I don't make it a point to go more often, especially in the Summer.  No, it's not because the dump is a fun place to go!  Although one does see some interesting characters there.  The reason I should go more often is the smell--and the mess.  But it's a pain to travel 8 miles to the dump with one lonely bag of garbage!  So I don't.  Which means that by the time I collect several bags, the first one has been in the can a while---especially since I started recycling.  This isn't too bad in the cooler weather, but in the Summer.........let's just say that by the time I go to the dump the garbage is rather.....'fermented'.......phew!  This round was especially lovely---probably due to that white chicken chili that I blogged about a while ago! lol  So anyway, after the "garbage outing" I cleaned the house and did some laundry.  I know why I usually go away for vacation.  When I am in Acadia National Park, the only things I have to think about are where to go visit today, what waves to photograph and what to eat next!  It's lovely to stay at home (vs going to work), but when I am here it's hard to ignore the mowing and cleaning, etc.  Consequently there is not as much relaxing going on.  But that's ok.  At least I am not punching a clock!  I'm making bags instead.  =)  Which is what I did for most of the rest of the day yesterday (with a several hour break in the afternoon for my date with Fred!)  I'm getting more put together in putting the bags together.  Getting this bag making down to a science.  Of course I'll finally get it exactly right and then I'll decide to move on to another pattern! lol  I have this endless parade of bag ideas running through my head.  I really need to get a sketch book and start drawing some of them out (very rough drawings you understand! lol) So that's my exciting Day 2.  Can you stand it all?  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment