8.20.2013

Back To The Grind

So now the Stay-cation is a week over and I'm working on getting back into the grind again.  It's always so unpleasant to have to go back to work after a nice time off, isn't it?  I suppose there are people who love their jobs so that going back isn't too bad.  And I can't say my job is awful.  I just don't love my work.  But it's a job and it provides me a good living, so I cannot complain.  Anyway.  My last 2 days off that I never did blog about were just putzy days.  I love those kind of days.  I do my best work then!  Those days when I don't really have an agenda, just puttering around the house doing what comes to mind---and I feel like doing.  Some of those days I don't get much done, but some "putzy" days I bumble along and actually accomplish chores that are on "The List".  =)  I had already determined that Tuesday--the last day--would be an absolute do-what-I-want kind of day.  I had made up my mind! lol  In actuality, Monday and Tuesday both turned out that way.  It was a nice, relaxing end to my Stay-cation.  I didn't accomplish much of what was on my hope-to-get-done-on-vacation list, but that's ok.  I had fun and that is what matters.  So now I'm back in the saddle, as it were.  Back to the work/eat/sleep pattern, with a little fun and chores in between.  Today I had planned to get into the the Studio and sew, but as I write this I have yet to get there!  However, I did get some stuff done that has been on my mind, so no worries.  I have decided to try something.  Having this little shop is nice, but it also is proving to be a stressor.  I'm always feeling like there is a thumb in my back pushing me to get things ready to sell.  So every bit of spare time I'm thinking I should be sewing for the shop.  But then I see things like the windows needing washed and some extra work out in the yard that needs doing, not to mention the regular house cleaning, and I get stressed wondering how I'm going to do it all.  So I've come up with a Plan.  I've divided the month into weeks and will try to work on shop stuff the first and third weeks, leaving the other two weeks for things that need done around the house and my own person crafting (like making cards!).  It may not work, but I'm going to try it.  I have to do something or I will have to take time away from the shop completely.  Either that or have a nervous breakdown---something I'm sure no one wishes to see! Not be a pretty sight! lol  Having a Plan makes me feel better already though, so I hope it works.  In the meantime, today is a beautiful day.  The sun is shining and it's been cool enough to have the back door and a window open.  The fresh air smells so good!  Chris Botti is keeping me company and there is Starbucks on tap.  So even if I get nothing done in the Studio, it's ok.  I will enjoy this day that God has made and not stress!  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment