8.08.2013

"Stay-cation" Day 1

Be prepared for much excitement and adventure!  You'll find it all here in my "Stay-cation" journal!  It's going to be so fun I think you may have to sit down. lol  Anyway, technically today is Day 2, but you can't really blog about what the happenings of a day until the day has happened, can you?  So here it is: Day 1.

First we must start with the evening before Day 1, the evening after the last day of work.  This is always one of the most "funnest" times of vacation, don't you think?  You're done with work, you're free for an entire week (or long weekend, or however many days off) and it's all there stretching in front of you.  The excitement in the air is high and you're just plain giddy with relief.  That's my favorite part anyway.  A close second is the morning of Day 1.  You wake up and realize: A. you don't have to go to work, and B. you can make your own schedule for the rest of the week.  Ahhh!  Anyway, back to the eve of Day 1.  I went to visit some friends and we had an evening of food, fun and fellowship.  We had Thai food-compliments of my hostess (yummy!), and chocolate cake-compliments of me (also yummy--even if I do say so myself!).  While we ate we watched The Ultimate Gift.  If you haven't seen it, you must.  It's a wonderful story.  After that we were just visiting and then my friend started searching for Chris Botti music.  We were expecting maybe some short clips or singles but what we found was a full length concert---in HD no less!  So, even though it was late, we settled in for some great music.  My friends have a very large projector screen and projector so that they can play movies/tv on the big screen.  Seeing the concert this way was amazing!  I felt like I had actually been to a Chris Botti concert (minus my aching wallet and the serpentine line to the women's room!).  That boy sure knows how to play the trumpet!.  The movie was nice, but that concert was the jewel of the evening for me (well, besides being with friends, of course!), and the perfect way to start my vacation!  Oh, I mean stay-cation.  =)

So now we come to Day 1.   It went a little like this:  lazy morning which included Starbucks and a little fabric shopping online (ooh they make it way too easy to do this!), followed by a not-so-lazy afternoon with Fred.  But the exercise felt soooo good.  It's been a few days since I was out mowing and I could tell it!  I've gotten so used to that exercise that when I don't get it, I notice.  Then it was off to the big city to do some more fabric shopping (for my business you know.....I love having that excuse!) and then supper with friends, followed by prayer service with more friends.  I love my church family.  We really are like family.  We don't always agree, but we would fight for each other, just like a family does.  It's wonderful to fellowship with them.  So that's Day 1.  You're blown away, aren't you?  I told you you would be!  It's you're fault for not sitting down when I told you to!

Stay tuned for much more excitement from Day 2!  Have a great day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great fun! What did you get at the fabric store??!!?

    ReplyDelete