2.27.2013

Redneck Plumbing & Blog Vacation



If you've ever used a small ball of polymer clay to hold your drain stopper open you might be a Redneck.............  I finally got tired of the water not being able to go down the drain properly, so I did this---at least until I get around to Googling it to see how to remove/replace the crazy thing! And before you say it, yes, I have tried to adjust the lever behind the faucet that raises and lowers the stopper.  But even set at its furthest point it still won't keep the stopper up where it needs to be.  Hence my "ingenuity".  I never need to stop the sink for anything, so the little clay ball is a perfect remedy for now.  Goes right along with my tomato can side-table risers...........=)

Oh hi.  Yes, I'm back.  Yes, I went on a vacation from blogging.  No, I didn't announce it because I didn't know I was going to do it at the time. lol  I just got too busy and too tired to blog for a while.  The busy part included a little trip to Hilton Head Island, SC.  My very generous Aunt and Uncle have a time-share and were so kind as to invite a bunch of us there to share the time-share with them.  I had never been to HHI, so it was nice to see and explore.  We were just a short walk from the beach, and a short drive to just about any kind of store and dining place you can imagine.  I don't know when I've seen so many shopping opportunities in one small area!  Amazing.  So I walked on the beach, laughed with aunts, uncles and cousins, shopped, went to Starbucks almost every morning (2 miles away! yay!), surfed on Pinterest, crocheted, and ate.  Whew.  I had to come home to rest up! lol  It was really a nice time.  I just didn't feel like blogging about it then.  Now you know.  And the tired part?  Don't know why.  Maybe it's just time for Spring.  Not that I can complain about the weather here in NC.  Today it's already almost 50 degrees and it's not even 10am!  It's wet out there, but the sun is shining and there's not a speck of snow in sight.  The field across the road has been plowed up and I'm expecting them to plow the one in front of the house anytime now.  Wonder what he'll plant this year?  So I don't know why I should have Spring Fever.  Its not as if I'm buried under snow and cold.  But I think maybe our bodies have an inside clock that still longs for Spring, no matter what our Winter looks like.  =)  Anyway.  Here's hoping for more energy and more blogging!  In 2 weeks I'm back to the beach with my sisters.  Can't. Wait.  Maybe I'll blog better at this beach than I did at the last! lol  TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment