11.17.2012

I went to a wedding today.  It was lovely.  It was not your typical wedding, which is one of the things that made it really fun and special.  The bride and groom are dear friends from church.  They grew up together, went their separate ways, then connected again in mid-life.  Unlike young adult weddings that tend to be full of much decoration and frill---and much stress about every detail being exactly right---this event was very relaxed and simple.  Just people getting together to celebrate the Love of two people they love.  Very few frills, but much laughter---even in the ceremony.  =) The bride was glowing, the groom obviously madly in love with her.  At the reception the food was simple and delicious, the guests lingering around tables talking, the wedding couple meandering among them.  And very unlike most weddings, the couple stayed around and said goodbye to the guests as they trickled away one by one (the bride's wish).  Everything simple, but filled with joy. Exactly what a wedding should be.  In recent years weddings in particular have become difficult for me to attend---for reasons I shall not go into here.  So I went this morning a bit reluctantly.  But I wanted to celebrate my good friends---and its good for me to mingle with people now and again instead of being the hermit I tend to become. =)  I'm glad I went.  It was one of the very best.

Congratulations B&C!  The best of everything to you!

1 comment:

  1. good for you sis! Glad you went...I totally relate to and understand the difficulty associated with going to weddings!

    ReplyDelete