4.05.2014

Lazy

Well I see that I am settling into a nice routine of blogging once a month. lol  I have no good reasons for why there have been no posts.  None at all.  Honestly, I just haven't felt like it.  Is that good enough reason?  It's not that I've been so busy I haven't even thought about rambling.  I think about it pretty much every day.  But every time I think about it it just seems like too much work.  Must be getting lazy in my old age!  =)  Actually, in the last week or so I haven't even checked Facebook much.  That is epic!  I usually catch up every day.  I think I just needed to get unplugged for a little while.  There was a time when coming unplugged seemed like a major disaster.  But lately.....not so much.  Am I getting old?! lol  Oh stop worrying!  I'm not going off to be a hermit with no phone or internet or indoor plumbing!  There are just some days when I need to savor the quiet.  Several friends have commented on the lack of blogging and Facebook activity, so I guess it's time to plug back in.  =)  I am blessed to have friends who read my ramblings.

So what have I been up to?  Mostly just everyday life.  Not too much excitement.  However, last month I went to my first Ladies' Retreat with the gals from church.  Retreat is held every year about this time, over in a conference center in Western North Carolina.  I had never gotten to go until now.  We had a great time.  No.  It.Was.A.Blast.!  A weekend filled with laughter and music and learning and worship.  And all women! How fun is that?  I can't say enough about our speaker Carol Shust.  If you ever get a chance to go hear her, take it!  She was amazing.  A true woman of God with a heart for others.  As for me, I only had a couple meltdowns due to the continuous presence of other people.  =)  When you live by yourself all the time it makes you just a little crazy when you have to be around people (especially large groups of people) 24/7.  But I had a wonderful time in spite of the meltdowns and am already planning for next year---if my friends can stand it!

This month so far pretty much the most excitement I've had was a trip to Outback Steakhouse with my friends Bob and Charlene.  Yes, I know.  It doesn't take much to rock my world.  We had a yummy dinner followed by an excursion to Walmart for ice cream where we laughed like fools in the ice cream aisle.  I love spending time with them because not only do they let me act silly, they act silly right along with me! lol  (That's not the only reason I like them, but it's one for sure!) 

So.  Shall I do another challenge?  Can I blog every day through the end of April?  I'm hesitant because my yard is getting ready to explode on me.......But I'll give it whirl.  Just don't be too hard on my if I miss a day or two!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment