5.13.2013

Recipe Review

So I made some more "new food" over the weekend.  =) 

One recipe I tried was a recipe called Quick and Easy Pizza Crust.  I have had such a hard time finding a good recipe for pizza crust that bakes all the way through.  I really despise settling down for a piece of fresh, hot, homemade pizza only to find that the dough directly under the toppings is gooey.  Blech!!  I keep trying recipes and so many times I'm disappointed---even when I bake the dough partially before adding the toppings.  (I added that because I knew some of you were going to suggest it. Been there, done that, didn't work. See? I saved you the work of typing that message to me! lol)  Anyway.  So in my meanderings around Allrecipes.com---which I do quite frequently---don't know why I even bother to own a cookbook---I found this "Quick and Easy" recipe for pizza crust.  It was good!  Chewy and not soggy.  Yay!  I actually enjoyed my homemade pizza!  It was even still ok today.  A little dry, but that is so much better than soggy--IMHO.  So this one is going in the file to be tried again.  You can find the recipe here. 

The second recipe I tried was a WINNER!  Wow.  It was called Too Much Chocolate Cake.  Yum. Yum. Yum!!  Again, chocolate cakes sometimes disappoint me because you have to search hard for the chocolate flavor.  Not in this one!  And so easy!  It's a cake mix and dry pudding base with a few other ingredients added.  Easy.  Moist.  Dense. Chocolatey.  Delicious.  What more could you ask for in a cake?  This one is Definitely going in my recipe box!  I took it to work today and when I left this afternoon there was still maybe a third of the cake left.  Sooo that cake plate just kind of jumped into my hand and came home with me....  I don't usually do that, but this cake is that good!  Just the amount of chocolate the Doctor ordered.  Today.  =)  You can find that recipe here

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment