1.28.2013

Frost

Yesterday morning we had frost.  No, I don't mean frost, I mean FROST.   It was almost like a slight snow, but better.  See snow has a way of blanketing things and changing silhouettes so that trees are more round, and individual branches and grasses become less distinct---things turn "lumpy and bumpy".  Frost, on the other hand, coats each individual branch and blade of grass.  That's what was so beautiful yesterday.  It was one of the heaviest frosts I have ever seen.  You could still see the frozen dew in the air like a cloud.  The world was almost completely white--as if someone had come along with a very large can of white spray paint and covered everything.  Up close, it was like little spikes of ice all along the edges of whatever it was clinging too.  It was amazing!  The trees especially were a wonder.  Frosting on every branch, and on the pines, every little pine needle was coated with icing.  I don't think I have ever beheld such a beautiful Winter morning!  I could hardly stand it driving to church! lol  Have you ever seen something so beautiful and majestic that you felt like you couldn't take any more beauty right then?  That's how I felt.  I was by myself, but I kept exclaiming about it over and over--because I couldn't help myself.  I did think it was quite appropriate to be blown away by the majesty of God's creation while driving to His House for Worship.  What a way to get ready for church!  =)  And before you ask, no.  Sadly I did not get a single picture.  Why?  Because I did not realize the world had put on such a show until I was began my drive to church.  By then it was too late to turn around for the camera, and too late to take any pictures even if I had.  =(  I was really disappointed!  If I had known what beauty was outside my windows I could have left an hour early for church and tried to capture it.  Though I'm not sure I could have done it justice.  There are some things that can only truly be captured by the camera of your mind.  But I sure would like to have tried.  In the mean time I'll keep the majesty in mind, and you'll just have to take my word for it.....

1 comment:

  1. The girls noticed too :) While we were driving Emmalyn said, "Oh Mommy! It's just like in a picture book...but in real life!"

    ReplyDelete