6.08.2013

Neighbors

I've got to try to do better on this here blog or there ain't no use in keepin' it! How's that for a little southern drawl? The good news is that there have been a couple posts building up in my head, so they may actually make it here. There hasn't been too much going on in my corner of the world---or not too much exciting I should say! There has been work, and mowing of course, and not too much else besides that. =) This (the mowing) leads me to the subject of my neighbors. In this I have been SO blessed! They are friendly, quiet people, and this alone is enough to make one rejoice---especially if you have been plagued with unfriendly, not so quiet neighbors before! But beyond that, Norman has decided it is part of his neighborly duties that he should help me with the lawn mowing. When I first moved here and he started "cutting in" at times, he told me he hoped I didn't feel as though he were getting into my business. Ha!! I promptly told him that I would never ever get upset with him for mowing the lawn! So he has helped me out from then on. I can't tell you how many times I have come home, knowing that the front yard needed mowing, but tired from work, only to find that he had already been there and done that. Amazing. Usually he does the one front section, but on some occasions (as he did today) he seems to get lost on his mower and swings 'round the side and into the back. I had been putting off mowing because I'm going to be out of town a couple days soon and wanted to wait until the last minute to mow so it wouldn't get too long. Then came Andrea with her drenching rains and a forecast of possible thunderstorms for days! Oh me. I was worried that I was not going to get the lawn all finished before I left (and still have energy for work that is!). But this afternoon the sun came out brilliantly and dried things enough so I could get a large chunk done after work. I don't want Neighbor Norman to ever feel like he has to mow, but I do admit to praying that maybe this time he would do a section for me because I'm feeling pressed. Sometimes God answers prayers so quickly! I was soaking in a hot bath after mowing my large chunk of lawn (don't you just love my descriptive words? lol) and I heard the familiar sound of Norman's mower. And this time he didn't stop at the front yard, but did the swinging 'round part and cut the whole side yard too! This leaves me 2 sections to do and I'll be done! Amazing. This is what I get for trying not to worry how I was going to manage, trying to trust God to help me get things done, asking God for help. He gave me extra strength, good weather, and a kind neighbor to help. I'm feeling very blessed......

2 comments: